[klee-dev] KLEE: ERROR: unable to load symbol(_Stdout) while initializing globals.

Samaneh Navabpour snavabpo at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Aug 29 19:40:42 BST 2013

Hi,

Im using Klee to generate test cases for libc, but in some cases (such
as getpass.c) Klee gives the following error and terminates before
executing the program:

KLEE: ERROR: unable to load symbol(_Stdout) while initializing globals.

I wrote a simple program:

#include<stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char ** argv)
{
     fprintf(stdout, "Hello World \n");
     return 0;
}

and Klee still gives the error. Note that the parameters used by
stdout are not symbolized. Im sensing that Klee has issues with
'stdout'.

When I replace 'stdout' with 'stderr', then Klee gives the following error:

KLEE: ERROR: unable to load symbol(_Stderr) while initializing globals.

I dont understand what's going wrong. Can someone explain the reason
of the error and how I can overcome it so I can generate test cases
for libc programs that use stdout and stderr.

Thanks
Samaneh

--
Samaneh Navabpour