[klee-dev] rationale behind the parameters used in the KLEE OSDI paper

Lei Zhang lei.zhang at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jan 14 14:58:31 GMT 2013

Hi All,

We are working on a possible way to improve KLEE. So it would be nice to
compare our method's results with the original KLEE's. For a fair
comparison, we need to understand how the parameters used in your OSDI'08
paper were chosen. According to your reply on the KLEE mailing list (
http://www.mail-archive.com/klee-dev@imperial.ac.uk/msg00162.html), your
OSDI paper uses

--sym-args 0 1 10 --sym-args 0 2 2 --sym-files 2 8 --sym-stdout

Could you unveil the rationale/intuition behind these settings, such like
why 10 and 2 are used as the maximal lengths? Any help is highly
appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

--
Lei