[klee-dev] Patches for Python 3 compatibility

Daniel Liew daniel.liew at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Jul 27 13:25:05 BST 2013

Hi,

Attached are patches for Python3 compatibility. On my system (Arch
Linux) python3 is the default which breaks various things.

1. Updated autoconf script to use python 3 compatible syntax.

On my system configure would fail (hence KLEE could not be built)
because a small python command would fail to execute. The attached
patch fixes that and it should be compatible with python2.7 as well.
I've updated configure.ac and the configure script in the patch, but
feel free to regenerate the configure script yourself.

2. k-test-tool was not compatible with python 3 so I've modified it so
that it works with python3 and python2.7 (without these changes the
Feature/PreferCex test would fail).

I've not tried the other python scripts in KLEE but these two patches
are needed for compilation and for passing tests.

Thanks,
Dan Liew.