[klee-dev] using klee with Siemens Benchmarks

Urmas Repinski urrimus at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 12:34:23 GMT 2013

Yes, Thank You.

1. How do you define 'design structure'?

      This depends on tool what i am using for test generation. KLEE uses symbolic states and branches, i have also design's model - parsed design representation using hammock graph structure, any tool what generates inputs will have own design representation, and generated tests will depend on the design's representation's structure, more detailed model will generate more complete inputs.

2. You might be criticising
 an apple for not being a good orange. KLEE is designed to tests the
program it's being executed on, and if one also wants to test 41
variants, he/she will run KLEE again on the variants. I'm not sure what
you would expect, even in a simple scenario like ....

    Regression testing requires 2 versions of the design - correct one and faulty one, and generates inputs, based on detecting behavioral differences between two versions of the design, if i am not mistaken.

    I am, from the other hand, want to use only one version of the design, and to generate as complete inputs as possible.

    KLEE is pretty fast and reliable in terms of coverage, but i need to make inputs detect various states on the program, various errors.

    According to http://pleuma.cc.gatech.edu/aristotle/Tools/subjects/ in Siemens Benchmarks Regression testing were used, all faulty versions of the design were processed and complete set of inputs, that detect already known errors were generated.

    This works well if i have set of faulty versions, but what if not, if i have only one version of the design and want to generate complete inputs for it?

Any help will be appreciated,
Urmas Repinski