[klee-dev] How to show (get) the negative values returned in klee's .pc files?

Daniel Liew daniel.liew at imperial.ac.uk
Wed May 1 18:01:39 BST 2013

The path constraint is in the KQuery language ( see
http://klee.llvm.org/KQuery.html#ReadLSB_expr ). The stuff in the
square brackets are the constraints which can be understood to mean

2880154532 == (array X concatenated together). X was simply an integer
in your case so this concatenation is just concatenating 4bytes
together the integer.

Decimal constants (such as 2880154532 ) used in this way as far as I
know represent the unsigned interpretation of a bitvector.

Assuming that a two-complement representation for signed integers you
can use gdb to quickly calculate what the decimal representation of
the signed integer x is.

$ gdb
(gdb) print /t 2880154532
$1 = 10101011101010111010101110100100
# The most significant bit is 1 so we know the number is negative. We
can invert the bits and add 1 to find the absolute value ( see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two%27s_complement#The_most_negative_number
)
(gdb) print ~(2880154532) + 1
$2 = 1414812764
(gdb) exit

So this tells you that the decimal value of integer x is -1414812764
in the constraints you showed.

Hope that helps.