[klee-dev] using KLEE with read()/write() instead of fread()/fwrite() or fscanf/fprintf

ANAS faruqui anas.faruqui at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 22:53:52 BST 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to run KLEE on gzip with symbolic files but klee seems to just
get stuck (even when giving the max-time parameter).

So i wrote a small toy program to run klee on.

At first trial i used fscanf function an klee got stuck on it as well. Then
when i changed the read function to fread(), everything worked fine and
klee generated the test cases.

Then i used the read() function (which is used by gzip), and the klee just
prints one test case with all 0's.

The command i am using is
*klee --libc=uclibc --posix-runtime ./de.bc --sym-files 1 160 A*

Any ideas how i can get the klee to work with  read() / gzip.

I am attaching both the versions of my toy program.

Thanks