[klee-dev] STP from GitHub

Daniel Liew daniel.liew at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Sep 30 23:34:14 BST 2013

Hi All,

Thought I'd announce that upstream STP is now compatible with KLEE.

Mate Soos (author of cryptominisat2) & I have done some work on STP's
new CMake build system which now works with KLEE.

STP development seems to be zooming ahead which is good to see. If
anyone has any STP patches that never got merged now is a good time to
submit them as they are more likely to be reviewed.

To try out the latest STP you can simply do...

$ mkdir stp
$ cd stp/
$ git clone https://github.com/stp/stp src
$ mkdir binary-build
$ cd binary-build
$ cmake ../src
# Replace <N> with number of jobs to run in parallel
$ make -j<N>

You point KLEE (when configuring using the --with-stp= argument) at
the binary build directory of STP (in the example above that's
stp/binary-build ). Alternatively you can install STP (run  `make
install`) and then point KLEE at the install directory. Use ccmake or
cmake-gui (instead of cmake) to configure the install location (set
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX).

You can also run

$ make edit_cache

To edit the configuration variables (like CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX) which is nice :)

STP on GitHub is being actively worked on and also has a more sane
build system, so provided there are no performance regressions I
suggest that we switch to it at some point in the future.

Thanks,
Dan Liew.