[klee-dev] Direct Search Towards Assertion

Urmas Repinski urrimus at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:25:51 BST 2014

Hi.

> Unfortunately, this does not affect the way paths are explored. In
> general, it doesn't make sense to use klee_assume(false) and
> klee_assume(true). The first one terminates the state (klee_assert or
> klee_report_error are more appropriate for that) and the second one does
> nothing.

Yes, it will behave exactly as defined, klee_assume(false) terminates the state and the klee_assume(true) does nothing.

Using this functionality it is possible to exclude all paths, where index != 3 , from the generation, to terminate all states where index != 3 , and to keep one state where index == 3. This should generate the required input.

As far as i see, usage of those 2 operators and plus logical conditions allows to modify code in this way, that only required set of inputs is generated.

I am terribly sorry, but i still think that usage of klee_assume() function can be reasonable for input generation. And not in this case only, i had made set of experiments on input generation by dynamical modification of the code using adding/removing klee_assume(...) function to the code and processing it by the KLEE. Unfortunately nothing is published, as far as no meaningful experimental results were achieved, but usage of KLEE klee_assume(...) function still can be extremely useful.

Urmas Repinski.