[klee-dev] the instructions is much lesser when testing echo of coreutils-6.11

qmh17 qmh17 at qq.com
Thu Dec 11 14:50:16 GMT 2014

hello,
I follow the tutorial and use klee to test "echo" of coreutils, but the result has a difference from the turorial.
When I use the command
"$klee --libc=uclibc --posix-runtime ./echo.bc --sym-arg 3",
I get 67884 instructions while the tutorial gets 300193(it has 25 paths and 25 test cases as well). Since the version of coreutils is 6.11 as the tutorial does, I'am confused that my result is much lesser than the tutorial's.

The tools I used are as listed:

CPU:AMD A8-5550M APU with Radeom(tm) HD Graphics 2.10GHz (64 bit)
OS:Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (64 bit)
Compiler:clang-3.5
Interpreter:klee-3.4

sincerely,