[klee-dev] execute function with symbolic argument

Hongxu Chen leftcopy.chx at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 15:33:28 GMT 2014

Hi Dingbao,

AFAIK, If you wanna make a memory location M symbolic, the only public API
is klee_make_symbolic(FIRST_ADDR(M), SIZE(M), "specified_name").

If you simply make pointer P symbolic, that's exactly the same as a normal
variable, i.e., klee_make_symbolic(&P, sizeof(P), "p"), which means that
P's value is uncertain.
However if you also need to deference it(in most of the cases you do),
you've to make the pointed area symbolic rather than P itself; also notice
that KLEE cannot make symbolic if the length of the pointed area is
uncertain.

Thanks and Regards,
Hongxu