[klee-dev] Adding socket functions to the runtime library

Noah Zentzis nzentzis at pdx.edu
Tue Dec 30 05:43:34 GMT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to add socket functions to the klee-uclibc
runtime library so I can run simple socket servers and clients. I've
changed __socketcall in runtime/POSIX to print a custom message, to test
whether it actually runs when the program being executed calls socket(),
but it seems like the implementation of socket() in klee-uclibc calls
into inline ASM instead.

It looks like it's trying to run __socketcall when checking the
klee-uclibc sources, but if I unpack the runtime library and disassemble
its implementation, it runs some inline ASM involving the syscall
instruction instead.

I'm really not sure where the ASM is coming from - am I just looking in
the wrong place, or is there more going on in the interface between the
runtime library and KLEE that I don't know about?

Thanks!
- Noah Zentzis