[klee-dev] Klee runs much faster on file without global variables

ThanhVu (Vu) Nguyen tnguyen at cs.unm.edu
Fri Feb 14 03:50:51 GMT 2014

Hi, I have a relative small file (<200 loc's) which has about 15 global
variables.  Running klee on this file takes very long time, over 15 mins,
at which point I just manually kill the process.   I then manually convert
all these global variables into local (by simply passing them to every
function call) then rerun Klee on the modified file. This time it takes
Klee just less than a min to finish running.

is such performance expected for using local vs global variables ?  If it
is the case then I will try to convert global vars to local ones whenever
possible before running Klee.

I compile the object file with the flags --optimize -emit-llvm -c and run
klee on the resulting object file with the flags
"--allow-external-sym-calls -optimize".  Are there other relevant flags I
should consider ?  Also if interested I can send the file I use for this
experiment.

Vu,