[klee-dev] KLEE with gcc 4.5

Daniel Liew daniel.liew at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 01:05:43 BST 2014

Hi,

> I'm trying to compile some C++ file which requires gcc 4.5 or newer.
> KLEE only supports LLVM 2.9 whose llvm-gcc works with gcc 4.2.

This is not true KLEE does support LLVM3.4 using clang instead of llvm-gcc

I'm not sure if you are conflating two different things here.

* The compiler you compile KLEE with. This can be any reasonably
modern C++ compiler. You do not need to use llvm-gcc to compile KLEE.

* The compiler you use to compile applications to LLVM bitcode for
KLEE to execute. This must use the same version of LLVM as KLEE. So if
you build KLEE against LLVM2.9 you must use Clang2.9 or llvm-gcc 4.2.
If you build KLEE against LLVM3.4 then you have to use Clang 3.4 or
gcc with the right version of the Dragon Egg plug-in.

> Is
> there a version of llvm-gcc that works like gcc 4.5?

No. llvm-gcc is dead (development on it stopped years ago..). If you
need a more modern compiler use Clang or gcc with the appropriate
version of the dragon egg plug-in.

Thanks,
Dan.