[klee-dev] OSDI2008 experiment

Zhiyi Zhang xianlingzibiying at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:31:04 BST 2014

Hi all,

In the section3.2 of your OSDI2008's paper, there is a experiment about
independence and cex.cache optimizations. You run klee for 5 minutes with
both optimization turned off and then run same number *instructions(not
query) *with independence and cex,cache separately.

However, I am confused about the meaning of query. I have two questions.

First, I used the command in
http://klee.github.io/klee/TestingCoreutils.html, and result contains the
number of *instruction.* But* how can I get the execution number of the
queries*? I didn't find the related options in klee‘s help.  And *what is
the different between the instruction and the query*?

Second, In the experiment of  OSDI2008's paper, you run klee for 5 minutes.
If one program was small and executed less than 5 minutes, such as echo,*
how to deal with the remaining time*? Do nothing, run this program again
until 5 minutes or run other program until 5 minutes?

Thank you very much.
Zhiyi Zhang