[klee-dev] Is llvm incompatible with some cpu instruction sets?

Daniel Liew daniel.liew at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 8 09:26:32 BST 2014

On 8 May 2014 09:03, "agan Davis" <agandavis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I get strange problem, I build klee/llvm3.1 successfully on "Intel(R)
Core(TM) i7-2760QM" cpu and  "Inte(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7 - 4830 "cpu, but when
I run klee, it is normal at  i7-2760QM machine, but it gets the error
information at  E7 - 4830 machine below:
> $klee
> illegal Instruction(core dumped)
>
> I use gdb to lookup it, after type
> $gdb klee:
> gdb$b main:cpp:main
> gdb$run
> using host libthread_db library/lib/x86_64-linux-gun/libthread_db.so.1
> Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction

This isn't very informative. Run 'backtrace' to show where in the program
this happened.

If you're getting this error you probably did not build KLEE properly for
your E74830 machine. This does not look like a LLVM/KLEE problem but a
problem with the C++ compiler you used to build LLVM and KLEE. You didn't
specify what compiler you used and whether or not you built LLVM/KLEE on
the same machine you are running it.

Also note we support LLVM 3.4 so if you intend to use a version of LLVM
newer than 2.9 then use 3.4 (make sure you use Clang3.4 as your LLVM
bitcode compiler if you do this)

Thanks,
Dan.