[klee-dev] building Klee with Clang 3.5

Daniel Liew daniel.liew at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Nov 7 10:46:05 GMT 2014

On 7 November 2014 04:11, Bob Kuo <Bob.Kuo at riverbed.com> wrote:
> Hello klee-dev,
>

> I have successfully built Klee (master) off of Clang 3.5 on Ubuntu 14.10. The required changes are pretty minimal:

Do you mean you built KLEE using Clang 3.5 and linked against LLVM3.5
or do you mean you used Clang 3.5 to build but linked against a
different version of LLVM? I presume you mean the former.

> bkuo at bkuo-VirtualBox:/work/bkuo/klee$ git diff -w | diffstat
>  ModuleUtil.cpp |   64 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------------------
>  1 file changed, 30 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)

I did have some hacky changes in a pull request [1] a while back to
introduce LLVM3.5 support into KLEE. Some of these commits were cherry
picked by others into the master branch. The remaining part was the
"hacky to begin with" linking code in ModuleUtil.cpp which didn't get
cherry picked because I had lots of really ugly version checking
macros.

> Would you like me to submit this patch?  If so, is a GitHub pull request the preferred method?

If what you've done is cleaner than my hack (it probably is) then yes :)

Yes, a pull request on GitHub is the preferred method. We have
TravisCI setup so if your patch breaks building against LLVM3.4 or
LLVM2.9 then we'll know.

[1] https://github.com/klee/klee/pull/141

Thanks,
Dan.