[klee-dev] Debugging KLEE tips and enabling klee to work with llvm 3.6

Chace Clark chace3 at tamu.edu
Thu Apr 2 20:38:30 BST 2015

Hello guys,

I am currently working on updating klee to work with the newest version of
llvm 3.6. I am fairly far along in development. At the moment I am trying
to make sure that the modified KLEE passes the regression tests. At the
moment my changes pass most and only seem to fail only when certain
external calls are made...

For example in the Feature/Envp.c test. I get odd behaviors when the
strncmp function is called. (it messes up subsequent printf calls)

My question is this what is the best way to debug these kinds of programs.
I am running linux and am using lldb/gdb and the codelite gui for debugging
at the moment, but am having difficulties... ie I cannot find the memory
where the printf format strings are stored. I know it must be there but
where?

Also it would be very helpful if people can provide tips on how they prefer
to debug when working with klee.

FYI ill submit a pull request once i have my forked klee passing all tests
and have successfully run it against the gnu coreutils.

Also sorry if this is a duplicate post. new to this mailing list.

Thank you,
-Chace