[klee-dev] How to interpret a .path file?

sudiptac sudipta.chattopadhyay at liu.se
Tue Apr 7 14:55:39 BST 2015

Hi,
     I believe that the file with ".path" can be used for using the KLEE
replay feature.

     In particular, "0" and "1" in each line, captures the outcome of
branches ("false" leg and "true" leg)
for a particular execution. Note that each line is one instance for a
branch instruction, during the execution.
Therefore, even though, a test program have very few static branch
instructions, number of "0" and "1"
can be much higher during the execution time (depending on the number of
times a branch is executed).

     Once a .path file is generated, KLEE can be given that file (using
-replay-path feature) to execute the
specific path, instead of forking at the site of symbolic branches.

     Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sudipta