[klee-dev] `llvm-ld` can't find `crypt` library

Chace Clark chace3 at tamu.edu
Mon Apr 27 22:46:29 BST 2015

Hello,

I remember that I encountered this same error, and found a solution but
cannot remember which solution it was.

If i remember correctly this helped me, (but reading it now it could have
been solving a different error.) Look at the comments on this website:

http://blog.opensecurityresearch.com/2014/07/klee-on-ubuntu-1404-lts-64bit.html

It says
"To pass all checks of KLEE without problem I needed to make:
"sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib64"
A check could not find "ctr1.o"

It says that you can fix this by making a symbolic link. That worked for me.

Actually, Here is another change I made to fix an error like this. I added

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

to the .bashrc file. That could be the answer too. I wish I had documented
this better. Sorry I cannot remember.

I know that I installed libssl-dev as well but I dont think that solved it
for me.

If either work, can u respond with which one did so that I know as well?

-Thanks