[klee-dev] Core-util arguments

eric.rizzi at huskers.unl.edu eric.rizzi at huskers.unl.edu
Mon Aug 10 20:46:16 BST 2015

This is a bit of an odd question, but I was wondering when and how the command-line options that were used for the KLEE OSDI'08 paper (as reported at http://klee.github.io/docs/coreutils-experiments/) became common knowledge?  Up until at least 2012, the documentation on the website had the same abbreviated version available in the paper (https://web.archive.org/web/20121101071954/http://klee.llvm.org/TestingCoreutils.html)

1) Based on the git-hub website (https://github.com/klee/klee/commit/b42f6baf4358a81683cd0ab1a8529683a6819ab5), it seems that it wasn't prominently on the website until Jan 22, 2013.

2) I also perused through the internet archive and couldn't find any reference that was earlier.

3) It is clear, however, that the proper command-line arguments were out there.  From 2009: "here is the line we used to run KLEE on paste (taken from the info file on our archives).  However, this is from an old version of KLEE,  and some options might need to be adapted to work with the current  version" (https://keeda.stanford.edu/pipermail/klee-dev/2009-October.txt).

I can't seem to find the archive referred to in (3) and I am wondering how someone from years past would have known how to use KLEE in the same way as in the paper.

Thanks,

Eric Rizzi