[klee-dev] klee with llvm-3.6?

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Sun Mar 22 19:10:13 GMT 2015

Hi,

> There was some discussion about linking in Klee earlier on github
> (https://github.com/klee/klee/pull/141). My preference is to remove all
> linking from Klee. A provided wrapper script can do the necessary linking
> using llvm-link and possibly some opt calls for internalization of functions
> and global dead code elimination. What are the current plans for linking
> within Klee?

I don't know what the current plans are but I would very much like to
see optimisation and linking done outside KLEE. I'm one of the authors
of the linking code borrowed from LLVM 3.3. I was never happy with it
and I would like it removed. It's far too fragile as attempts at
porting to LLVM 3.5 and 3.6 have proved.

That would simplify KLEE's internals and leave it up to the author of
the LLVM bitcode to do linking and optimisation.

Thanks,
Dan.