[klee-dev] analyze /usr/bin/file with klee

Andrea Mambretti m4mbr3 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:34:55 BST 2015

Hello,

For a personal project I'm playing around with klee and I was trying to run it
against 'file' but I'm not able to get it working. I'm using the parameters
found here

https://klee.github.io/docs/coreutils-experiments/

Since I wasn't able to get results with 'file' I tried to replicate the
closest utility among the ones used in the klee OSDI paper (dd) but, with the
same parameters in the link above, I cannot actually get it working too (or at
least, not in the way I expected it to work looking the other tools you used
in the paper).

I would like to execute a call like this:

klee <klee-parameters>  ./file.bc -C -m /path/to/magic.mg  symbolic_file

with the magic file db manually specified (concrete) and the second parameter,
that is the file to be analyzed, as symbolic file.

Can you help me on this? I may didn't understand exactly what --sym-files and
-sym-args actually do...

thank you in advance
-A