[klee-dev] Question about "-load" option

Martin Nowack martin_nowack at tu-dresden.de
Tue Sep 8 22:12:24 BST 2015

Hi,

> On 08 Sep 2015, at 20:42, Bin Lin <linbinmr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> After I set the LD_RUN_PATH, what command should I use in my case? If I use the command './klee main.bc -load=<path-to-lib>/libfoo.so', I still get the same error. So how to load the dynamic library in my case?

Try the following:
LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/your/libfoo.so ./klee main.bc

> In addition, I do not understand why the '-load=<path-to-lib>/libfoo.so' is part of the arguments for my tested application not for KLEE.  As far as I know, KLEE has the '-load' option.

Well, if '-load=<path-to-lib>/libfoo.so’  is not part of your application command line, KLEE should be called
like: ./klee -load=<path-to-lib>/libfoo.so  main.bc

But, here comes the problem: -load is not doing what you assume it does.
KLEE accepts different arguments which are part of the LLVM framework underneath (e.g. -load to load additional passes)
but it doesn’t use most of them.
We cannot hide those arguments yet as this is only supported in newer LLVM versions.

Hope that clarifies a few things.

Cheers,
Martin

Martin Nowack