[klee-dev] Query about searcher.cpp file

Thuan Pham thuanpv at comp.nus.edu.sg
Thu Sep 17 09:28:29 BST 2015

Hi,

Basically, any search strategy needs to handle two tasks that are 1) manage
a work list of execution states, and 2) select next state to run. To
implement a new search strategy (new searcher) in KLEE, we need to modify
the two files Searcher.h and Searcher.cpp in lib/Core directory. In
Searcher.h, we need to define new class that inherits Searcher class. In
addition, we have to declare three important methods which are 1) update
(update the work list), 2) selectState (select the state to be executed)
and 3) empty (check if the work list is empty). There are some search
strategies are implemented in Searcher.cpp, you can read the code first.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Thuan