[klee-dev] Choosing the concrete values and getting the symbolic constraints

Thuan Pham thuanpv at comp.nus.edu.sg
Wed Dec 14 10:23:41 GMT 2016

Hi Jason,
What you want can be achieved by using concolic execution or using seed
mode in KLEE. The default mode of KLEE is symbolic execution.
For concolic execution, you can try ZESTI or S2E. For seed mode in KLEE,
you need somehow convert your concrete input to a .ktest file so KLEE can
read it.

The two approaches you tried should not work. First approach will result in
a constraint Phi ^ (x==value) where Phi is the path constraints so the
result is always x=value as you got or unsatisfiable. The second one also
does not work because by writing a concrete value to a symbolic variable,
you will write concrete value to the memory area allocated for this
variable in the symbolic memory model of KLEE -> that memory area will not
be symbolic anymore, it is concrete.
Hope it will helps,
Thuan