[klee-dev] Add a C++ file for klee's POSIX library

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Thu Dec 22 11:04:19 GMT 2016

Hi,

On 22 December 2016 at 05:37, Randall <xyhbg920711 at 163.com> wrote:
> Hello eyeryone.
>
>                 I have met a problem while adding a c++ library which uses
> STL. So I get these error as follow:

> Unable to find size for global variable:  _ZNSs4_Rep20_S_empty_rep_storageE
> (use will result in out of bounds access)

KLEE does not support C++ properly so it's not surprising that this
doesn't work.

What is happening is that your program references
`std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>
>::_Rep::_S_empty_rep_storage`
which is part of your compiler's C++ standard library (probably
libstdc++ or libcxx). KLEE does not ship with a LLVM bitcode version
of that library
and so at present it will trigger an out of bounds access if an
attempt is made to access it.

Thanks,
Dan.