[klee-dev] A need for a shared library in KLEE

Marko Dimjašević marko at cs.utah.edu
Tue Feb 23 03:33:16 GMT 2016

Dear KLEE authors and users,

I've been working on creating a Debian package for KLEE and there is one
issue I've been unable to resolve so far. It is related to a shared
library.

In particular, when I build the Debian package for KLEE, I see that
there is only one shared object file:

/usr/lib/libkleeRuntest.so

However, there is also another file, which is, I assume, a static
version of the same library:

/usr/lib/libkleeRuntest.a

Is the shared library version needed, i.e. is it meant to be used by
other programs than KLEE? If I am not mistaken, there are no associated
headers, which suggests it is not meant to be used by other programs.

What led me to believe the shared library version is not needed is a
discussion I started on the debian-devel mailing list:

If it is not needed, then this Github issue is obsolete:

https://github.com/klee/klee/issues/237

--
Regards,
Marko Dimjašević <marko at cs.utah.edu> .   University of Utah