[klee-dev] Writing tests for KLEE

Marko Dimjašević marko at cs.utah.edu
Tue Jun 14 02:37:57 BST 2016

Dear all,

I'm implementing the Firehose output format for KLEE. So far I only
created a library for Firehose data structures, but I'd like to write
tests for them.

At the Developer's Guide for KLEE:

https://klee.github.io/docs/developers-guide/#regression-testing-framework

You say there are two levels of testing KLEE: external and internal.
External is done by calling KLEE from the command line with needed
arguments. This is done through llvm-lit. The internal level consists of
writing unit tests in the GoogleTest framework.

Unit tests for KLEE should be under the unittests directory. I see only
3 meaningful C++ files in there. Therefore, can you confirm this is how
unit tests should be written for KLEE, or is the guide outdated?

--
Regards,
Marko Dimjašević <marko at cs.utah.edu> .   University of Utah