[klee-dev] LLVM3.4 installation problem on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Zhiyi Zhang xianlingzibiying at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 08:39:31 GMT 2017

Hi,

I tried building KLEE on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. However, I faced some problems
when installing LLVM3.4.

I firstly added "deb http://llvm.org/apt/trusty/ llvm-toolchain-trusty-3.4
main" and "deb-src http://llvm.org/apt/trusty/ llvm-toolchain-trusty-3.4
main" to  /etc/apt/sources.list, and updated it.

Then, when I use the order "*sudo apt-get install llvm-3.4-dev*", I got the
following error messages:
"*Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been
moved out of Incoming.*

*The following information may help to resolve the situation:*

*The following packages have unmet dependencies:*
*llvm-3.4-dev : Depends: libisl10 ( >=0.12.1 ) but it is not installable*
*               Depends: libjsoncpp0 ( >= 0.6.0~rc2) but it is not
installable*
*E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.*"

I have installed packages "libisl-dev" and "libjsoncpp-dev", and tried
"apt-get -f install", but I still got the same errors as before.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!

Best Wishes!

​