[klee-dev] How to add a new class to KLEE?

Alberto Barbaro barbaro.alberto at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 06:17:08 GMT 2018

Hi all,
I would like to add a new class to KLEE but I have few problems. I tried to
follow the help that is present on the website but not luck so far.

In my case, I have created TestObject,h and TestObject.cpp in lib/Core and
included TestObject.h in lib/Core/Executor.cpp using #include
"TestObject.h" and finally added into the function executeInstruction the
line TestObject t;

The code for the class in pretty standard:

TestObject.h
#ifndef TESTOBJECT_H
#define TESTOBJECT_H

namespace klee
{

class TestObject
{
public:
    TestObject();
    ~TestObject();

};

}

#endif // TESTOBJECT_H

TestObject.cpp
#include "TestObject.h"

klee::TestObject::TestObject()
{
}

klee::TestObject::~TestObject()
{
}

The error I got is:
[ 98%] Built target kleeModule
Linking CXX executable ../../bin/klee
../../lib/libkleeCore.a(Executor.cpp.o): In function
`klee::Executor::executeInstruction(klee::ExecutionState&,
klee::KInstruction*)':
/home/klee/klee-taint/lib/Core/Executor.cpp:1447: undefined reference to
`klee::TestObject::TestObject()'
/home/klee/klee-taint/lib/Core/Executor.cpp:2459: undefined reference to
`klee::TestObject::~TestObject()'

What am I missing? I cannot understand the problem in this case.

Thanks a lot,