[klee-dev] "completed paths" and "generated tests"

XIE Xuan lebron716 at outlook.com
Fri May 1 17:15:51 BST 2020

Thank you for the reply!

I remove --only-output-states-covering-new flag and it output:
KLEE: done: completed paths = 7337
KLEE: done: generated tests = 6578

Why the number of completed paths is not equal to the number of generated tests?

On 5/1/20, 5:48 PM, "klee-dev-bounces at imperial.ac.uk on behalf of Frank Busse" <klee-dev-bounces at imperial.ac.uk on behalf of f.busse at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

    Hi,

    > In the tutorial of testing regular expression
    > library(https://klee.github.io/tutorials/testing-regex/), the example
    > shows that KLEE: done: completed paths = 7692 KLEE: done: generated
    > tests = 22 I don’t understand why it only generates 22 test if KLEE
    > explores 7692 paths. If KLEE explore 7000+ path, it should also
    > generate 7000+ test cases, that is 7000+ .ktest files. Am I
    > understand wrong?

    are you using the --only-output-states-covering-new flag as well? Try
    to remove it.

    Kind regards,

    Frank