[klee-dev] Error while using C++ STL, libcxx

Namrata Jain Namrata.Jain.mcs18 at cse.iitd.ac.in
Tue May 26 13:32:09 BST 2020

Hello Felix,

Thankyou for the reply.
As suggested, I ran "make check" from klee-build-directory and found
that 47 unexpected tests were failing.
So, I installed llvm-10, but while installing libcxx from
klee-source-directory using the command:
	LLVM_VERSION=10 SANITIZER_BUILD= BASE=<absolute-path>
./scripts/build/build.sh libcxx

it generated output:

Detected OS: linux
OS=linux
Detected distribution: ubuntu
DISTRIBUTION=ubuntu
Detected version: 18.04
DISTRIBUTION_VER=18.04
Component sanitizer not found.
Component sanitizer not found.
ENABLE_OPTIMIZED Required but unset

What this error is about? I also found this as an open issue on klee
github page.

As you mentioned that libcxx support was not required for the example I
stated, I built klee (version 2.1) without enabling libcxx and was able
to see the output "12" with no errors.

(using the command: klee --libc=uclibc <absolute-path>/experiment.bc)

Warnings that were generated:

KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: _ZSt9terminatev
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: __cxa_begin_catch
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: __gxx_personality_v0
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: __syscall_rt_sigaction
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: fcntl
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: fstat
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: ioctl
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: llvm.dbg.label
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: open
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: write
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: kill (UNSAFE)!
KLEE: WARNING ONCE: calling external: ioctl(0, 21505, 94590150907232) at
libc/termios/tcgetattr.c:43 12
KLEE: WARNING ONCE: calling __user_main with extra arguments.

Are these due to not linking libcxx?

I also want to know about klee version-2.1-pre, is it the same as
version 2.0? This is because I have made some changes in my klee source
(2.1-pre) for a project and now I will be using version-2.1.

Thankyou.

--
Namrata Jain

namrata.jain