[klee-dev] Current status of KLEE support for networking

Jeroen Robben jeroen at robben.io
Wed Dec 1 11:24:53 GMT 2021

Hi all,

Some variant(s) of this question was asked before but I couldn't find a fulfilling answer in the mailing list nor Github issues archive.

Is there some effort being done to extend the current KLEE POSIX runtime model to add support for testing network interactions / sockets, e.g. to be able to insert symbolic packets? I've found some research projects which make use of KLEE (e.g. Cloud9, SymbexNet, Zesti), claiming to have done this.
Is there at the current moment a specific reason support for networking was not yet added or backported to the main KLEE project or is it just a case of 'not implemented yet'?

Thanks!

Jeroen