[klee-dev] 2nd edition of the KLEE workshop moving online

Cristian Cadar c.cadar at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Mar 15 10:53:23 GMT 2021

Dear all,

Thanks, Alastair for the reminder, we have literally just reached a
decision about the new editions of the KLEE workshop.

As you know, we were hoping to have the second edition in London,
similar to the first.  The atmosphere at the first workshop was
fantastic, and we were delighted to see the excellent feedback
afterwards.  We have also run a survey among the authors of the
presentations accepted to the upcoming edition of the workshop, and over
90% of respondents expressed a preference for a physical workshop.

Unfortunately, given the current situation with the pandemic, it is not
possible to organize a physical workshop this year.  As for the first
edition, we have people from three different continents and the chances
of unconstrained international travel from so many different countries
is essentially zero.

So here are our plans.  We hope to have the next in-person KLEE workshop
sometime in 2022; we will announce it once there is more clarity with
respect to in-person events and international travel.  However, in the
meantime, in order to have some continuity, we have decided to try a
smaller online event this June.  We will have a separate call for online
presentations, but if you already have a presentation accepted, you will
be able to simply sign up for a slot.  Furthermore, it is ok to present
the same talk at the online event this year and at the bigger in-person
event next year.

We plan two sessions of a few hours each, with the goal of having at
least one session at a workable time around the world.

The new dates are:
Submission deadline: 10 May 2021
Notification: 18 May 2021
Online workshop: Thursday, 10 June 2021 starting at 5pm UK time and
                  Friday, 11 June 2021 starting at 10am UK time

Of course, the exact schedule will depend on the interest we see in an
online workshop, and we might have a single session, or no online
workshop at all, if interest is really low in an online event.

We will update the website and the submission site shortly.

Any feedback would be of course appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you online in June!
Cristian, on behalf of the KLEE Workshop organizing team