[klee-dev] About external shared libraries

Ziqi Shuai ziqishuai at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 03:29:02 GMT 2023

Hi all,
I'm trying to use KLEE to analyze some real-world programs such as image
processing programs. Unfortunately, I found KLEE usually terminated early
because of 'failed external call' errors, where the call was from shared
libraries located in directories on the system search path.

I know I can resolve the trouble through loading necessary shared libraries
manually, i.e., using the '-load' option. However, real-world programs
often depend on a bulk of shared libraries, which make the manual way
clumsy and tedious. Hence, I'd like to know whether KLEE is able to search
for these shared libraries in an automatic way, just like what native
executables do.

Best Regards,
Ziqi