[klee-dev] About Using KLEE to Check CoreBench

Nguyễn Gia Phong cnx at loang.net
Tue Jul 11 08:47:41 BST 2023

On 2023-07-09 at 20:25+08:00, 尹麓鸣 wrote:
> How should I compile CoreBench using wllvm
> and use KLEE to check CoreBench?

CoreBench essentially provides the error-introducing and -fixing
commits for each bug.  Included programs use the GNU Build System,
which warrants neither backward nor forward compatibility.
Their release tarballs already had Autotools run however
and can be easily built with ./configure and then make.

I'd recommend overriding the codebase at each commit on top
of one of the closest release tarball so you can avoid having
to figure out the Autotools version and pulling the compatible gnulib.
Then, set respective CC, CXX and LLVM_COMPILER for wllvm
and proceed with the build.

For full reproducibility, I'd recommend using the Nix/Guix derivation
at the time of the package's release.  I started it for grep a while ago
if you're interested: https://trong.loang.net/~cnx/bux/tree?h=klee