various issues

Steven R. Newcomb srn at techno.com
Fri Apr 11 15:13:08 BST 1997

>  > [I liked the article by Steve Newcomb - although again it assumed
>  > some familiarity with HyTime in places.  It is clearly a vision
>  > that I would wish to evolve towards though again the mian problem
>  > is education.]
>
> There is __no__ need to learn HyTime to understand Architectural
> Forms.  HyTime is simply one of many possible base architectures.

YES!  If my article on SGML architectures (see http://www.techno.com)
doesn't make that point clear, I feel duty-bound to underline David's
remark.  HyTime is only one possible base architecture.  Other
architectures can inherit features of HyTime if desired, but there is
no requirement that they do so.

Best regards,

--Steve

             Steven R. Newcomb   President
         voice +1 716 271 0796   TechnoTeacher, Inc.
           fax +1 716 271 0129   (courier: 23-2 Clover Park,
      Internet: srn at techno.com    Rochester NY 14618)
           FTP: ftp.techno.com   P.O. Box 23795
    WWW: http://www.techno.com   Rochester, NY 14692-3795 USA

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers