Xapi-J: an architectural detail

Peter Murray-Rust Peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 09:01:09 BST 1997

In message <33E502A7.80A66A68 at datachannel.com> john at datachannel.com (John Tigue) writes:
[...]
> Lark maps very easily to Xapi-J. Xapi-J was designed by taking all the
> best ideas from the existing processors so the mappings are
> straight-forward. NXP is pretty much the standard when it comes to ESIS
> output so it defines that part of Xapi-J making the mapping essentially
> direct. The only new part is the stuff mentioned in the posting which
> started this thread: how does a developer instantiate a processor
> through the Xapi-J interfaces. After that it's the regular old NXP
> stuff.

Sounds good to me.  I am particulalry impressed by the fact that you can
make it work with the various parsers, even if they take different approaches
with different terms.

What is your timescale for putting it all together?  Are there any places where
you need more feedback from the list?  FWIW it gets my vote :-)

	P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust, domestic net connection
Virtual School of Molecular Sciences

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers