Xapi-J: an architectural detail

akirkpatrick at ims-global.com akirkpatrick at ims-global.com
Tue Aug 5 10:14:39 BST 1997

I really like the combination of IContent and IContainer.
The only question I have is how an element can query
its context in an efficient way? For example, how can
I find the previous element without referring to the parent
container. Presumably then the parent would have to
enumerate all its children to find the previous content
to the element in question. Obviously a particular
application can record the previous element in a variable
but then you get to more complex contexts, like "what
is the previous of my parent".

Any thoughts?
Alfie.

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers