Whitespace

MURATA Makoto murata at apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp
Mon Aug 25 04:11:14 BST 1997

Tim Bray writes:

>Hmm, let's say the GI is the null string.
>
><P><>Some text that is </><I>italicized</I><>.</></P>

Suppose that we have different kinds of tags for mixed-content elements (e.g,
<name:mixed> and </name:mixed>) and element-content elements (e.g,
<name:element> and </name:element>).  Then, even non-validating parsers
can tell element contents and mixed contents.  Does this help?

>Whitespace discussions cause brain damage.

A fatal error.  I can not, and should not recover...

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)
Fuji Xerox Information Systems

Tel: 044-812-7230   Fax: 044-812-7231
E-mail: murata at apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp