General comments on parsers

Mike Dierken mike at datachannel.com
Thu Dec 11 18:39:19 GMT 1997

I do believe that the Java XML Object Model referred to is the same as the W3C DOM. However, the DOM is programming language independent.
I don't know the timeframe for final acceptance, however, XML parser writers are free to read up on the working draft and align their code with the defined functionality.

The W3C DOM page is here: http://www.w3.org/DOM/
The DOM Spec is here: http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-DOM/
"The Document Object Model is a platform- and language-neutral interface that will allow programs and scripts to dynamically access and update the content, structure and style of documents."

Mike D
DataChannel