RFC: Simple XML Event-Based API for Java

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Wed Dec 17 18:35:09 GMT 1997

At 09:38 PM 16/12/97 -0500, David Megginson wrote:
>After careful thought, I am fairly certain that I would be willing to
>accept the following simple event-driven API for Ælfred.

I'd be willing to commit to signing up to do this for Lark, given
the following changes:

Oops; and I forgot the IMPORTANT one: I don't see any point in doing
this if there isn't also an ultra-simple tree interface supporting
only Element, Attribute, and Text classes.  Because this is what most
people will use, especially given that a high proportion of XML
transmissions will be small flattish documents; why should everyone
have to build their own tree. -Tim

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)