LISTRIVIA (SPAM)

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 22:38:33 GMT 1997

The members of this list have probably received a SPAM today. This was not
posted to the list, but the spammer appears to have got a list of the
subscribers' addresses. I shall discuss with Henry whether anything can be
done. The same spammer obtained another set of addresses again apparently
from chemime at ic.ac.uk.

Please do not waste space discussing this on the list :-) If you have any
special knowledge, please mail me or Henry. I doubt there is much to be
done, but it would appear that membership of this list cannot be regarded
as confidential.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg