IDL?

Andrew Layman andrewl at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 25 00:45:07 GMT 1997

I have to agree with Paul here.  If the interface is only implementable in a
single language, then you've failed.  Programmers need to make engineering
tradeoffs among a number of factors, and will sometimes very reasonably
choose one language over another.  We could expediently pick one language
and ignore all others in order to simplify the problem a little, but that
would be letting the solution dictate the problem. I don't recommend it,
since it would simply mean that the parsers written in other languages would
be guaranteed incompatible.

--Andrew Layman
   AndrewL at microsoft.com

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)