Call for participants: WWW6 workshop

Jon Bosak bosak at atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM
Wed Feb 26 23:06:30 GMT 1997

I will be coordinating an all-day workshop on "Delivering Structured
Documents over the Web" that will be held in conjunction with the WWW6
Conference in Santa Clara, California on April 7, 1997.  For a
description, see

   http://www6conf.slac.stanford.edu/workshops/structure.html

Workshop participation is by invitation only.  If you would like to
participate, please send me a brief statement (1-2 paragraphs) setting
forth your position on what you think the best approaches would be to
implementing structured document delivery on the Web in the areas of
syntax (structured HTML, generic XML, SGML), linking (HyTime,
XML-Link, Hyper-G), processing/scripting (Java, JavaScript, Active-X),
and style (CSS, DSSSL, dsssl-o).  I'm looking to assemble a group of
knowledgeable people who are dedicated to enabling structured document
delivery on the Web but have differing viewpoints on how that delivery
should best be accomplished.

Jon (bosak at eng.sun.com)

 Jon Bosak, Online Information Technology Architect, Sun Microsystems
 2550 Garcia Ave., MPK17-101,           |  Best is he that inuents,
 Mountain View, California 94043        |  the next he that followes
 Davenport Group::SGML Open::ANSI X3V1  |  forth and eekes out a good
 ::ISO/IEC JTC1/SC18/WG8::W3C SGML ERB  |  inuention.