XML API specification

Richard Light richard at light.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 18:51:43 GMT 1997

In message <9702271737.AA06782 at sqrex.sq.com>, lee at sq.com writes
>> be used without being explicitly in the XML spec.  I would hate to think
>> that XML implicitly involved 10179:9.6.  I can accept that it may/will come
>> into PhaseIII.
>
>I would hate to think that too.  You must not have to read DSSSL (still
>less understand it!) in order to work with or implement XML parsers.
>You might have to do that to work with XML styles, of course...

We're only delving into the DSSSL standard as a means of getting at the
SGML Property Set.  And that only for an 'authoritative' (i.e. thought-
about-before) set of names for concepts that _are_ defined in the XML
spec.  And hopefully some helpful ideas on organising the properties
that the parser will expose to the API.

>xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers
>Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
>unsubscribe xml-dev