Repeating attribute specifications

David Schach davidsch at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 12 23:57:39 BST 1997

Per section 3.3

	When more than one AttlistDecl is provided for a given element
type, the contents of all those provided are merged.  When more than one
definition is provided for the same attribute of a given element type,
the first declaration is binding and the later declarations are ignored.

In your example, the definition in the internal DTD, <!ATTLIST FOO BAR
CDATA "XYZZY">  is processed first so it takes precedence over the
definition in the external DTD.