XAPI

Norbert H. Mikula nmikula at edu.uni-klu.ac.at
Tue Jun 24 15:40:18 BST 1997

Jonathan Robie wrote:
> Hmmmm...I just talked to one of our IDL experts, who wasn't convinced that
> this would be a helpful direction.
>
> Is there really an advantage to defining it in IDL first? The IDL could be
> created after the specification is finished in Java, and the Java-based
> specification is probably easier to create, understand, and test.
<snip/>

I would agree with this statement. IDL is fine but not really
necessary right now. I personally would be too much afraid
that we loose momentum if we introduce yet another
obstacle - meaning having to get a full understanding of IDL.

If there is somebody here that is willing to take our material
and transform it into an IDL spec., that'd be great, though.
Nevertheless, let's talk Java and then we proceed from there.

IMHO :)

--
Best regards,
Norbert H. Mikula

= SGML, XML, DSSSL, Intra- & Internet, AI, Java
= mailto:nmikula at edu.uni-klu.ac.at
= http://www.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/~nmikula