Associating DSSSL style sheets with documents

Gavin Nicol gtn at ebt.com
Thu Mar 6 13:42:34 GMT 1997

>Of course this doesn't completely solve the problem: we now have to figure
>out how to associate a catalog with an SGML document.  The latest SGML Open
>draft requires (amongst other things) trying the URL/filename of the
>document with any extension replaced by .soc.

Reverse the problem as the MIME-SGML proposal did: send the catalog
first, and all is well (we have this same discussion on XML-WG, and
I agree that catalogs are insufficient in the general sense, but
in the simple cases we're likely to see initially, they're fine).

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers