MBone

Peter Murray-Rust Peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 10:07:00 GMT 1997

In message <199703160343.EAA06818 at kneipfix.rz.tu-clausthal.de> Ingo Macherius writes:
> This is a bit off topic, sorry.

Not to me, :-)

Don't worry,
	I think that it could be useful in the future for xml-dev to
consider virtual working of various sorts.  I have been extremely
impressed by the way
that the discussion on the list has gone, but there are clearly
areas where a more rapid feedback than e-mail would be useful.
Perhaps we are a year or so away, but we shall start to see other methods
like MBone being useful for bridging the Atlantic.

> I don't have the opportunity to go to WWW6, but luckily I have MBone
> connection and see there are four channels prepared. Unluckily I tested
> transmissions from the US and found the Germany-USA link insufficient
> to deliver understandable speech. So my question is, whether the sessions
> are recorded and avaliable for download. This would enable me to watch.
> Second question: What's the broadcast schedule for the XML sessions ?
> Thanks in advance.

If you get information, Ingo, it would be useful to post it here, along
with any other necessary information for connection.  Any feedback from
the meeting would be useful.

	P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust, domestic net connection
Virtual School of Molecular Sciences

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers